Raj Bina Dharam Nahee Chalee
Dharam Bina Sab Dhale Male
(Without political sovereignity (Raj) the (Sikh)religion cannot flourish
Without the Sikh religion all is lost)
– Guru Gobind Singh
By The Concerned Sikh
The problem with Punjab is the drugs and the alcohol. All over the world, Sikhs have made their choice. They would rather have the lifestyle that comes with alcohol; and so they have turned their back on their Panth and their Granth. It is for these reasons that they cut their hair. But like we all know, alcohol is a drug as deadly as any other. Consumption is a disease, it is not a simple enjoyment of alcohol, but alcoholism that has ravaged and destroyed The Punjab. If we begin to rehabilitate the addicts; show them that only if Maharaj’s Hukam had been obeyed from the start, this wouldn’t have happened. if we can do this, we can begin to reverse the tide.
As it stands there are effectively no Sikhs in The Punjab. The essence of the standing order to all Sikhs must be:
1. Rehabilitate the drug users and alcoholics, bring them back into the arms of their father.
2. Begin work on strengthening the Sikh diaspora (crucial to step three).
3. Begin to unpick Hinduism from Sikhi. Over the past 100-150 years, Hinduism has worked it’s way into Sikhi like a virus. It has polluted our history, corrupted our theology, and eaten away at that very core of Sikhi which allowed the Panth to survive such turbulent times in the first instance. This must be done outside of India as I’m sure we’re all aware of the thousands of right wing nationalist Hindu organisations, in whose interest it is to keep Sikhi confused, and thus unable to grow.
4. Begin investment in the infrastructure of, and industrialisation in Punjab.
5. Begin a very GRADUAL militarisation of the Panth. It is sufficient only when we are sure that, should the Punjab police and Indian Army once again attempt to brutally repress Sikhs, they will find themselves unsuccessful.
6. Renegotiate with India. If it is possible to secede from India within the laws of the Indian constitution, This must be done. If the Indian government attempts in any way to undermine, infiltrate or compromise Sikhi to prevent said secession, the Panth must secede immediately, by force if necessary. Remember, India, as a nation is nothing more than a scared child who has lashed out at the Sikhs in fear. There was not any inherent hatred for Sikhs or Sikhi. India has violently suppressed the Sikhs, purely because it fears its own demise, and a breakup of the union. By the time the first five steps have been achieved, it would most likely have been 100-150 years. As such, we can count on there being stronger international condemnation towards human rights violations and a chance of India being less barbaric in it’s approach to maintaining unity.
If the first two steps are not achieved, or significant progress is not made towards them within the next 50 years, Sikhi will die out. That much is clear.